Monirul Islam, Chief of Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime Unit (CTTC) said, ‘’The charge sheet in the case filed for the attack on Holey Artisan cafe will be submitted by this month.’’
On Sunday, while talking to reporters at the DMP media centre in the city he added "Seven accused in the case including Sohel Mahfuz, Razib, Rashed, Jahangir, Rigan have been arrested so far. They all gave confessional statement in the court."
"Investigation is on the final stage. Mastermind, trainer, financier and those who cooperated the attack directly or indirectly have been identified," he said adding that one of the main masterminds of the attack -Sagor -is still on the run.
He also said, ‘‘Some other militants involved in the attack died in different anti-militant drives.’’ The militants tried to draw the attention of Islamic State (IS) group and put the government in trouble through the attack, he added.
Twenty-two people -- nine Italians, seven Japanese, one Indian, one Bangladeshi-born American and two Bangladeshis -- were killed in the terror attack on the restaurant on July 1, 2016.